By Martin Conboy, President – Australian BPO Association
Last week we had another great ABPOA education breakfast at the charming Observatory hotel. It was a great turn out with over sixty attendees.
The lovely Sharon Williams from Taurus Marketing led us through a brilliant morning. Michael Field (Michael Field Consulting) conducted a very informative education session about how to maximize LinkedIn and his presentation was well received.
The ever-generous Michael Costigan of AVNET and the delightful Melanie Fitzpatrick of Talent 2 sponsored the event.
After the LinkedIn education section we had a ‘Speed networking’ session that gave all of the delegates an opportunity to meet their industry colleagues. The networking was a lot of fun as people tried to keep their ‘elevator pitch’ to the mandatory 30 seconds- needless to say no one managed to do that. It would appear that people in the BPO industry can talk the leg off an iron pot. Now there is a surprise!
The event feedback was very encouraging:
- Rob Guant – Outsource IT Right – ‘more please’
- Max Tennant – Salmat –‘relevant and enjoyable’
- Dean Robinson – Congex – ‘fantastic’
- Victoria Rooney – Impact Communications – ‘very informative’
- David Ellis – Infosys – ‘good to be involved’
- Lachlan Maxwell – Spi Global – ‘really enjoyed it’
- Tony Dormer – Kreston Dormers – ‘very interesting’
- Ken Swanson – Dataline – ‘great fun’
- Bruce Stephens – BWS&A – ‘loved it’
- Frank Mastronardo – Genesys – ‘very funny’
- Celeste Morales – Datacom – ‘excellent’